Most avid fans of watching TV are quite familiar with Spectrum’s extensive services that cater to subscribers with all kinds of preferences. Spectrum offers a wide range of channel lineups including news, sports, music, comedy, drama, sports, and premium TV shows, etc. Being a subscriber of any Spectrum TV package means you own a Spectrum Cable Box still you can get more information by calling Spectrum call center.
Although Spectrum’s services are considered among the best providers in the US, it is natural to face issues with the cable box every once in a while. If you are also having trouble with your cable box, you can use the following methods to try and fix the issue.
Cable Box Errors That Can Be Fixed with A Reboot
To figure out the problem, first, you must understand the purpose of your cable box. It is a device built to receive and decode digital signals. Once the signals are decoded, they are displayed as content on a TV. However, sometimes errors may cause the cable box to malfunction. A few errors can be resolved with a simple reboot, while others may need you to also refresh your cable equipment.
Here are the common errors that can be resolved by rebooting the cable box:
- The program guide isn’t available.
- When the picture appears as snowy, frozen, blurry, or pixilated on TV.
- In the case of poor reception.
- When you see a completely blank screen.
- The program isn’t loading as it’s supposed to.
Resetting Spectrum’s Cable Box
Before you begin to reboot your cable box, kindly check whether your cables are connected properly and the coax cable is plugged securely into the cable outlet.
Once you’ve checked and ensured the problem isn’t with the cables, unplug the receiver. Once it is off, wait for a full minute before re-plugging it. Also, turn off the receiver from your cable box remote and turn it on after waiting for a full minute. If that didn’t work, let’s begin rebooting the cable box.
#1. How To Reboot Receivers 101 And 201
This rebooting method works for both 101 or 201 receivers. Follow the steps given below for a successful reboot.
- Switch on the TV and you will see ‘Spectrum’ appear then disappear on your screen.
- After it reappears, you will also see 9 different colored tiny boxes
- Next, the app will download or initialize.
- Once the process is complete, turn it off using your receiver.
- Wait for a few seconds then turn it on again by pushing the power button of the receiver or by using the remote.
- After it turns on, you will see ‘Your TV will be right with you’ on the screen along with the number 8 in a circle.
- You may see a countdown on your TV screen.
- Wait for it to complete and the picture to appear on the TV screen.
In Case The Countdown Doesn’t Show, You Can:
- Find the 3 stacked lines of your menu button and press it. (Look for it on the top-right side of your receiver).
- This will reboot the receiver.
- Once it turns on, it should work without issues.
In case, that doesn’t happen and you still face problems, you can reboot or reset your equipment by following the procedure given below.
#2. How To Reboot Receivers 110 And 210
This rebooting method works for both 110 Or 210 receivers. Follow these steps carefully for a perfect reboot:
- Once you turn on your TV, you will see ‘Spectrum appear and disappear on the screen after the receiver is switched on.
- When the word disappears, the cable box also turns off.
- The power light of the box will be dim instead of turning off completely.
- Now, switch on your receiver and you will see ‘Retrieving Channel Info’ on the screen.
- After that, the words ‘Limited Mode’ or ‘Please Wait While We Set Things Up for You’ will appear.
- Once they disappear, the picture should appear on your screen and your issue should be resolved.
However, if the picture on TV doesn’t appear properly, it means you need to refresh or reboot your set up online.
Resetting The Equipment
Whether you are using Spectrum internet or some other ISP’s connection, you will need to refresh the receiver online to reset it. This can be done using one of the following two ways.
#1. Refreshing The Equipment Via Spectrum Account
- Sign in to your Spectrum account using your credentials.
- Navigate to ‘Services’ and select ‘TV’.
- Choose ‘Expressing Issues’ and click on ‘Reset Equipment’.
#2. Refreshing The Equipment Via My Spectrum App
- Open My Spectrum app and sign in using your credentials
- Go to the ‘Services’ option and select ‘TV’
- Navigate to ‘Experiencing Issues’ and follow the instructions as they appear.
This should fix the problem. If not, you can contact Spectrum’s customer support to help you resolve this issue completely.